Mitchell Jensen is a Solicitor in Shine Lawyers’ Auckland office. He completed his LLB (Hons), BCom at the University of Auckland whilst also working at Shine as a law clerk. He was admitted to the bar in 2020 and has appeared before the District and High Court.
Mitch works across a broad range of civil litigation and has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Insurance – advising policyholders and brokers on a range of professional indemnity, management liability, casualty, material damage, and business interruption claims.
- Professional negligence – acting for a range of clients in claims against real estate agents, surveyors, architects, engineers, and accountants.
- Building and construction – acting for clients in leaky homes, earthquake damage, and defective works claims.
- Debt recovery and insolvency – including claims under the Construction Contracts Act and company liquidation proceedings.
- Mediation and dispute resolution – taking a pragmatic approach to resolving disputes and acting for clients who are often in stressful situations.